I mentioned the Kili Quilt as one of the charity quilts I’ll be making this year. I was looking for something that is cute and as close to neutral as I could find when I came across this lovely line.
I’ll be mixing it with a lovely silver grey and did some googling and doodling for a pattern. I decided on a half square triangle pattern and came up with this:
I showed it to a colleague one day and she really like my “Kilimanjaro” scribble so I’ll try to incorporate that into the quilt top once it is made.
There will be more on the Kili Quilt as it develops!
The quilt will be raffled along with a whole host of goodies. To be in for a chance of winning, sponsor Nicky’s climb on her JustGiving page. Nicky will be organising her own funds for the trip, so every penny will go to Meningitis Research Foundation.
See you soon!
Last year’s big projects were three quilts and my first stall.
With a new year comes new goals, aspirations and opportunities. I haven’t been as active online as I had hoped to be, so let’s just see how we go this year.
There are a few things already in the pipeline and on the go:
* I need to sandwich, quilt and bind Mum’s Papillon Quilt. I gave the finished top to her for her birthday with an IOU for a finished quilt.
* I’m making a quilt to help my friend raise funds for Meningitis Research Foundation. She’ll be climbing Kilmanjaro in October. She’s started a blog here: Nicky Up Kilimanjaro
* I have started some hexagons for my own fundraising attempts this year. I’ll post a bit more about that very soon.
* I will be making more bits and pieces throughout the year as they come up.
* I still need to photograph those bags to sell.
I’ll be in touch again soon!